Daisypath Anniversary Years Tickera

Saturday, March 31, 2012

Loss Gain

March 23rd just passed me by this year. I dont know how it happened really. I was so busy and crazy at work I guess. Tired in the evenings and thinking a whole lot on the whole adoption process for our sweet wonderful pastor and his equally sweet amazing and wonderful wife. The day just came and went, as if it were a normal day. Hmmm

This particular March 23rd had another something that made it unforgettable, only in a completely opposite way.

That's the day I went to Monroe to go with Casey and Charlie to the sonogram. That horrible terrible sonogram. The one where the picture I saw on the screen will forever be etched in my brain. The one where when I saw it, I knew. No one else in the room knew aside from the technician, who was deafeningly silent. One of the very saddest days in my entire life. Such loss and pain. The day Casey lost her first baby, our precious little Carson.

Thats the day that Danny, Calley, Josiah, Isaac, and Amaus along with Lesley got in a plane and flew across the world to PERU to meet their daughter,

beautiful sweet Luana Camila. If you read my blog then you probably already read hers, but if you havent, then click here to read their amazing story. it is such a picture of Gods love. Opening their arms and hearts to a child who without them would be fatherless, orphaned. Accepting her for all she is and truly loving her before even seeing her.

A day of loss for us became a day of such gain for them. We lost someone we already loved who we had never seen, nor would ever get to see. They were traveling to gain a daughter who they already loved but had never seen. Tremendous loss, and great gain, on the same date.

The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away. Blessed be the name of the Lord. Job 1:21
This is the day that the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it. Psalm 118:24

Never before seen pictures, not even by Casey I dont think. Taken just before the great sadness began.

3 comments:

Penny said...

The pictures of Casey and Charlie look so sweet~ so unsuspecting. I remember that day, too. I can still hear the disbelief, shock, and sadness in your voice. I wanted to crawl through the phone line to hug you. It was beyond sad. My first experience dealing with infant loss~ you never expect it to happen to someone you know and love. :(
Casey talked a little about it when I stayed a few days with them that summer. She talked about you being "her rock" through that time and how she couldn't have done it without you. I know that was especially hard when your own heart was breaking, too. You have always been such a good mom.
Odd that losing Carson and gaining Camila happened on the same date.

Calley said...

I love you guys so much. <3 Thank you for sharing this...

Avery's Mommy said...

I don't think I've ever seen that one of me either, I'm sure laughing at Charlie doing something crazy!

Our sweet Carson...what a wonderful promise we have to meet him one day in heaven.

It will be nice to remember now, every March 23rd that the Lord gives and the Lord takes away. BLESSED BE THE NAME OF THE LORD!

Sweet, wonderful post. Thanks, Mom :)