Daisypath Anniversary Years Tickera

Saturday, May 17, 2014

Visit And Memories

For Spring Break this year Todd and I made a trip to see mom.  It was very nice.  While we were there we mainly enjoyed just spending time together and visiting.  We did get out to do a few things though.  We spent one day going around to flea markets.  My brother likes to do that.  So do I but I dont get to do much of it at home so we enjoyed doing that together.  Poor mama we walked her to the moon and back.  She is a trooper though. 

Another thing we did was drive down to my old elementary school.  I remember it so well.  Wonder what ever happened to Mrs. Harris, my first grade teacher.



 It was so cool driving up and seeing it as it was.  Still operating. This spot right here is where I was a crossing guard.  Yes with the orange vest and everything.  The traffic stopped while the kids walked across the street with the help of the crossing guards of course.  :)  Then I would walk down to the corner take a left and walk home.  A good ways home by the way.  We drove that course and went by our old house there.  I saw the spot where I lost all my Valentines Day cards from classmates when I was in the 2nd grade.  I remembered the happiness I felt with my envelope full of cards from all the kids.  And the sadness I felt when they all blew away in the wind and I couldnt gather them up. 


This blimp seemed to follow us around town.  It was pretty cool to see.  Not a sight we see in ole Vidalia.

This is my nephew Adam showing off his bike.  The others were impressed.
 This is Adams HUGE Great Dane, Stella!  So sweet and beautiful and large.  What a GREAT name!  She was a little sick while we were there.  Hope she is all better now.

 I love Adam!  Wish I could see more of him.  He is a pilot of a tug boat which comes past our Natchez Bridge from time to time.  I am always waving at the tug boats I see, just in case it is him.  :)


We went to lunch at Rendezvous.  It was sooooo good.  We loved it.  Its an interesting place.  A week or two after our visit there, turns out the Royals had a pre wedding dinner there with some of their friends who were getting married in Memphis.  We just missed them.  :)  I am sure we would have fit right in with Kate and the rest.  I bet they would have invited us right in to dine with them.  Of course, why wouldnt they?

All of the visit was very nice but the best part of it all was getting to spend time with this sweetheart, my precious mama.  I love her so much.  She is very special and has been the best mama ever.  Seriously.  I am not kidding.  BEST. EVER.   Love her!

1 comment:

Penny said...

Glad to see your pictures! I think you have a pretty good momma, too. Glad y'all had such a good visit. Adam is such a handsome guy. Looks a lot like his pretty mom and grandma. :)