Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Doctor Visit

Oh I hate to do posts with no pictures. So maybe I will come up with something before I'm done. I mainly just wanted to do this so I would have it documented in case I need to look back for some reason.

Unfortunately it was me going to the doctor this time and not Todd. (FROWN) Not that I would rather it be him, but that I would rather it be no one. I have known for a good bit now that my blood pressure is too high. I dont know why. It's not like I fry everything we eat. As a matter of fact I rarely fry things at all. It's not like we have a big juicy steak every other day. I do grill steak sometimes but certainly not real often. So the only thing I can figure is it's the job and the stress there. I dont know. I do know that I dont exercise enough. Shame on me! Anyway I also know that I asked God to bring it down and waited for a while. It did not come down and was as a matter of fact going up. I had had a headache for the last 5 days but I was thinking it may just be something else. Anyway I made an appointment to go in and have it checked. I certainly was hoping that there was just something wrong with my blood pressure machine. Unfortunately it was right.

So Monday I went in to my appointment knowing it was probably up. But when I went in to have it checked, their machine would stop and then go up, stop and then go up, stop and then go up. Finally it just started beeping. The nurse came in and said what in the world is wrong with this machine. So we tried the other arm. I told her maybe my pressure was too high for the machine. So the next one worked but my pressure was 215/117. Which set the alarm off again. The nurse came back in thinking there was something wrong with the machine and then saw my reading. Wow. She left the room and I was thinking 'Oh my goodness, they are going to put me in the hospital." The nurse came back in shortly with two little pills that she asked me to take. I have never been given medication right there in the doctors office! So I took those and then the doctor came in and wanted to check it again. The first time he got an incorrect reading because of his super sensative stethascope. It read 245/130 I think, so we were glad that was wrong. He changed stethascopes and my pressure had already come down to 189/105. Thankfully I did not have to go to the hospital. :) As bad as I HATE it, I have to take medication just like Todd for my blood pressure. It is working already though. I am suppose to take my pressure daily for a few weeks and today it was only 135/83. Havent seen those numbers in quite a while. I feel a little better already. My head isnt hurting tonight and I didnt wake up with my heart racing this morning. I was wondering if that had something to do with it too as every morning lately I wake up like I just had a stressful dream or something. But today I woke up calm. So I am thankful.

I have to go back in tomorow morning early to do some blood work. Of course they have to check your kidney function as high blood pressure can damage the kidneys. I pray there will be no problem there. Also they are checking my thyroid just in case that is what is causing the high bp. And they are checking my cholestoral too. I pray it is normal too.

So pray with me if you will.

Meanwhile here are a few photos that will be sure to relax you. Maybe even bring down your blood pressure.

Can you tell I like the beach?


Jodi said...

Lots of prayers being sent your way. My mom and brother have to take high blood pressure medication. . .I'm hoping that's something I can escape. I've always had low to normal blood pressure, but even mine was a bit elevated last time I went in. Hopefully, you'll be able to get yours down. :)

SurvivorDiane said...

Glad you went to the doctor - not glad you need medicine - but glad you broke down and went. Praying this is isolated to blood pressure and all else is perfect.