Daisypath Anniversary Years Tickera

Monday, March 28, 2011

Princess of Biedenharn

Saturday we went up to Casey and Charlies and all of us went out to Beidenharn Gardens since they were all in bloom and beautiful. Or so we heard, and we heard right. We went through the garden taking pictures which I will post more of here later. At the end of our outing a group of high school Seniors showed up to take pictures before their prom. Thus this little story.

I saw the pretty girl standing out having her picture made. Avery hadnt seen her yet. I knew she would love to see her so I called her over and said Avery look! What is that? Is that a princess? She immediately took off running toward her. I caught up with her and directed her over to the side so we didnt end up in the prom pictures. She sat down to watch, amazed. I asked her if she would one day be a princess like that. Then a solemn face. "I dont have pink shoes" I said "Well your mommy can get you some." Then with the same sad face, "I dont have a princess outfit." I replied, "You can get one." Then with the same countenance "I dont have pretty earrings." I assured her it would be okay and she would be able to get all the things she needed. Then she said "Can I go touch her?" As we left she was happy to see there were other princesses there as well.

5 comments:

Penny said...

"I don't have pink shoes." Priceless~ pitiful, but priceless.
I hope you asked the princess if Avery could touch her. I'm sure she would have been flattered to be called a princess. :)

Cristi said...

She heard Avery calling her a princess and did seem flattered. She grinned real sweetly. But no we didnt go touch her. :)

Avery's Mommy said...

Thanks for blogging about this. What a great memory!

danny said...

that is so sweet!

Calley said...

ha! The above comment was from me- Calley.