Daisypath Anniversary Years Tickera

Thursday, August 12, 2010

BLESSING

I added this blog to my blog list today. I have been meaning to for a few weeks since I found out she made her blog public.

This is Calley. She is holding their middle son Isaac in this picture which was taken almost a year ago. Yes they are both just as sweet as they look! (There was a little face painting going on that night.)
This is Danny, her husband. Also sweet.
This is Josiah. I think this picture was also taken about a year ago.
And this, is the only picture I could find of Amaus, except for newborn pictures. I was BLESSED to be able to be at his birth so I could take pictures for her. What an amazing thing that was. I will never forget it. But he has changed a lot since birth so here is the best picture I have of him. Thats his Grandaddy holding him and Miss Tonya loving on him.


Now that I am sure you have had a chance to peek over at her blog I can tell you a little more. So it is Calley's blog, of course. She is my friend and what a sweetheart. Dont think I have ever met anyone sweeter. (Except maybe my mom) - Just sayin. Anyway, her husband is our Pastor, and they have three precious little boys. They are heading out on a new journey which I find very interesting and such a blessing.

They are going to adopt a little girl from Peru. You can read about it here on her blog. Cool story- But more than cool its just a blessing. What a sweet family, and what a wonderful opportunity for a precious little girl in Peru living in poverty without parents to be able to come here and live such a blessed life full of love with them.

I am moved beyond words when I think about this journey they are on and want to help any way I can. I have been trying to think of ways to help raise funds for this expensive process they are going through. I havent come up with much other than the normal things you think of. Anybody out there have any good ideas?

James 1:27 NIV

Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.

So if you think aboutit, say a prayer for this precious family. Pray for peace and strength through this process. Pray for the funds to come in to cover all their need. Pray for their boys and the adjusting it will involve. I ask God to bless them abundantly above all that they could ask or think. In His Name.

Oh and if you feel led to write a check, go for it. I would be more than happy to get it to them!

So God Bless you as you bless others!

In His Name

6 comments:

theglenns556 said...

I'd be glad to do an online Tupperware party and give all of my commission to their adoption fund. I've done them for 4 other adoptions and they/you/friends post the link to my website and all orders placed on my site during that month (even from my regular customers) will be credited to their adoption. I'll send a check directly to their fund for the full amount of my commission and I'll pay all the taxes involved. Let me know if you are interested. Depending on how much publicity it gets, it could net them a nice amount. I've had one that brought in over $500 for a family and then one as little as $100. Every little bit helps though!

Mr. Brother Dad said...

Thank you so very much, you are a huge blessing to us. Thank you for all the encouragement and joy your family brings to ours

SurvivorDiane said...

These are some thoughts to pass on. They may already be familiar with both organizations but it's worth a look.

http://karenkingsbury.com/one-chance-foundation/

http://www.showhope.org/

This is a blog to look at and gather some information.
http://meyersinmotion.blogspot.com/
(contact Cara – they received two grants towards their adoption)

They did not have the funds but God provided. Dr. Meyer was our interim Pastor at Parkway for 18 months.

Just my thoughts!

Cristi said...

Nicki: I definitely definitely definitely want to do the tupperware thing! That is soooooo great. Thank you. We will get the word out once you get it together. Just let me know what to do. I will certainly order and even get some teachers at my school to order if they will. - Maybe all the schools! Oh I am so excited! Thank you sooooo much. Now its up to you. Let me know and THANKS!

Calley said...

Cristi, Thank you. Thank you so much for this, and everything you do supporting and helping us. We love y'all so much. Thank you.

Calley said...

I would be so grateful for this tupperware party idea, Nikki. It sounds wonderful.:)

Diane- I am checking out those links. Thanks so much. :)