Daisypath Anniversary Years Tickera

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Recipe Post

Tonight's supper was GREAT! So I thought I would share it with you! I may do a recipe post from time to time. I love to cook and eat. :) I love to get new recipes so here are a few of mine.
My Menu? ..... Grilled Pork Chops, Party Mashed Potatoes, Old Style Corn, Mozzarella Salad, & Peanut Butter Blossoms. Oh by the way, I didn't say anything about it being LOW FAT.Party Mashed Potatoes
1 15.3 oz Box of Instant Mashed Potatoes
5 Cups Water
1 1/2 Sticks butter
Garlic Salt, Onion Powder
1 Cup Milk
1 8oz pkg Cream Cheese
16 oz Sour Cream
Paprika
1. HEAT oven to 350`. Spray a 9 x 12 baking dish with cooking spray. Set aside. Heat Water, butter, seasonings, to boil in large saucepan. Remove from heat. Add Cream cheese, milk and sour cream, stirring until smooth.
2. Stir in potatoes. Mix well. Spread into baking dish.
3. Sprinkle with paprika and bake 45 minutes to 1 hour until golden brown.


Old Style Corn
3 Slices Bacon
3 Cups frozen Corn
Ground Pepper
2/3 cup Heavy Cream

1. Cook bacon in heavy skillet over medium heat until crispy. Drain bacon on paper towel. Add corn to skillet. Add pepper. Cook stirring often until corn begins to brown.
2. Add cream and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat. Simmer 15 minutes. Crumble bacon and add to corn. Stir well and serve.

Mozzarella Salad
Mozzarella balls packed in water or string cheese sliced in chunks
Sun dried Tomatoes in Oil
Fresh Basil Leaves
Splash of Balsamic Vinegar

Mix all ingredients together and allow to sit for a few minutes.

Peanut Butter Blossoms
48 Hershey's Kisses
1/2 cup Shortening
3/4 cup Creamy Peanut Butter
1/3 cup Sugar
1/3 cup Light Brown Sugar
1 Egg
2 Tbsp Milk
1 tsp Vanilla
1 1/2 cups All Purpose Flour
1 tsp Baking Soda
1/2 tsp Salt
Sugar

1. Heat oven to 375` Remove foil from kisses
.
2. Beat shortening and peanut butter in large bowl. Add 1/3 cup sugar and brown sugar. Beat until fluffy. Add egg, milk and vanilla and beat well. Stir together flour, baking soda, and salt; gradually beat into peanut butter mixture.
3. Shape dough into 1 inch balls. Roll in sugar. Place on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 8 minutes. Immediately press a chocolate kiss into center of each cookie. Cookie will crack around edges. Allow to cool.

Its all delicious. You should try it. If you do, let me know!!!



1 comment:

Avery's Mommy said...

Man, I really wish our house would sale so we go move back home and eat supper with you! hehe. I will have to try that. I cooked Hamburger Helper (Charlie's fave) tonite and it made me so sick I didn't eat a single bite of it. I had a granola bar for supper. Yuck!