Daisypath Anniversary Years Tickera

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Trust Him

There are so many important things going on in our country right now. If you really look at it and think on it for any amount of time, it can really begin to worry you. What in the world is happening? Why must everything be like this? What will happen? We don't really know in any detail with is gonna go down. What we do know is God is in control. What we need to learn is HOW to trust Him.
Sometimes it feels like our own lives are in the same state as the Nation is right now. Our lives are busy, crazy, questionable, and unaffordable. We are pulled in one direction after another, after another, after another. Today I came home after a really busy full day. My mind was spinning. I came in and couldn't even sit down. I just kept spinning. I made the bed, unloaded the dishwasher, and started supper among other things. I just continued in the rush mode. After supper about three hours after I got home I finally felt that my head had stopped spinning. Now that was after a day where I was just rushed and on a deadline, and very busy and interrupted. Nothing major or terrible happened though. Actually there are many many days like today. There are other days when major things do happen. Like the day I went to Casey's for a sonogram. It was her first pregnancy. We were going to find out if it was a boy or a girl. What we found out though was that our sweet baby boy was already with Jesus. My head was spinning that day too, in a different direction. What I did know was God was in control. What I needed to learn was HOW to trust Him in it. We did learn how, day by day, to trust Him through that time. We learned to look at miracle after miracle and see how God moved through each thing.
So with the things happening in this country and with our busy lives, we need to trust God. On our calm normal days, and our days when we are spinning like a top, we need to trust God. With the things that happen that we don't know how we will make it through, we need to trust God. He IS in control. We just need to look and see what God has done previously and remember His grace. We need to trust Him day by day, and moment by moment.

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding. Proverbs 3:5

1 comment:

Jami Ainsworth said...

This is easier than emailing. The links works now. I think the interested buyer meant "in the spirit of garage sales..."