Daisypath Anniversary Years Tickera

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Secretary - Paraprofessional

Okay, after blogging about winning Secretary of the Year, now I must confess that I am moving on from that position. If the award had come before hearing about this position, I may not have been brave enough to do this. Maybe I should say I would have been too embarrassed to go through with it if I had gotten the award first. But the ball was already rolling when I was given the award. This is what happened. A position came open at our school that I checked into. The position is for para-professional in the special ed department. This was not a position I previously ever thought I would take. When this job became available, I looked a little harder at it. I told my boss (Happy Boss's Day) that I was interested. He checked into the difference in pay for me. the difference was a whopping $400 per year! Now for the $400 less per year, which is like 33.00 less a month, I don't have to be at work until the bell in the mornings, and can leave at the bell in the afternoon, as opposed to coming in at 7:30 and staying till 4. I am off all summer, as opposed to working 2 weeks after school is out, and coming back 2 weeks before school starts, and also coming in 2 or 3 days in between to pay bills. Most importantly I dont have the stress of auditors, financial reports, principals reports, deadlines, and doing the tons of things at one time that I do. I can almost feel the release of pressure now! At first I was so nervous about the change. (I blogged earlier about change when I first found out about this.) But now I am not so much nervous as excited. I am feeling guilty though. I am trying not to. But I seriously want the next secretary to be good. I want her to be helpful to my principal. I know it will take a while for her to get in the swing of things. That is one reason that I took this job, so that I can be there to help train her. I was not given that luxury when I started. So as much as I am looking forward to moving out of my position, I am also concerned that whoever comes in will do a good job. SO PLEASE PLEASE PRAY FOR WHOEVER SHE IS! Thanks :) I really think this job change will be good for me and my family. It may even mean more Avery time.

No comments: