Since Mothers Day is on it's way, I decided to put some Mother memories out there. If you have kept up with my blog, you know I like doing these memory things from time to time.
So first-my mother:
- I remember when I was little playing dress up in her clothes. There was this one particular black and gray dressy dress with a flowing skirt. I loved it. I would probably wear it now too, if it's as I remember it. lol
- I remember when she got a GUN for Christmas! lol- A pistol. That cracks me up! I have pictures to prove it. I guess that's where my boys get their love for weapons! Lol
- Oh and I know where I get my love for singing. She sings well, and I remember many songs she sang as I grew up.
- And the cooking, oh the food. I remember the good homecooking. She taught me that you DO NOT make spaghetti sauce from a jar. Mmmmm the greek chicken soup! And the desserts! Yummy
- I remember being so scared (Look I was only 19 years old) wondering what that delivery was going to be like. Then exhausted, and so glad that part was finally over.
- I said this before, but I remember being pregnant for the 2nd time wondering how in the world I could ever love another baby as much as my precious little girl. Then seeing him for the first time- how the love just exploded. It was so cool.
- I remember so many of the school assignments that said how much they love me. I love those! Still have lots of them.
- Of course then there are the times that they hurt or are nervous or scared - and I remember feeling the hurt, the nervousness, and the fear.
- Of course I remember her tiny tiny baby and all the concern she caused
- I remember that day they brought her home and the excitement and the tears!
- I remember the first kiss from a miracle baby!
- I remember the first time I saw her in a corner! (I have a picture! hehehe)
I thank God for my mother
I thank God I am a mother
I thank God my daughter is a mother
HAPPY MOTHERS DAY - Early!