Daisypath Anniversary Years Tickera

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Carnival Elation

A good while back a friend of ours gave Todd a call. He told him that he was planning a Cruise for his family and a few friends. He was wondering if we wold be interested in going on our first cruise with them. I sorta didn't think we would end up going for a while. Then when it got closer I realized that we really were gonna get to go. Then I got a little nervous. I knew that Todd got motion sickness at times. So I was real concerned that he would be sick the whole time and just hate it. I didn't want that to happen at all but especially when we were with a group of people who would all know he was sick. Then I thought what if I was the one who ended up sick and in the cabin the whole time. Anyway, turns out, neither of us got sick for a second! We had a fabulous time on The Carnival Elation with our friends. Todd pretty much felt like THIS the whole time.
Basically everyone did!
I have never see water that blue before. It was gorgeous. Seriously there has to be a better word than that for it. I loved the color of the water when the engines stirred it up. It was a beautiful teal.
There were so many things to do on the ship. There was basketball, ping pong, and volleyball just to name a few.
Of course there was swimming and hot tubs and laying out in the sunshine. You can tell that made me and Pattie happy!
There were shows everynight which were good reasons to dress up. We loved the shows. There was also shopping on the ship. One day we were looking around in the shops and I saw this amazing necklace that I mentioned would look fantastic with my dress for the evening. When I picked it up and saw the price I put it right back down. A little pricy for us. I didnt know Swarovsky Crystals were expensive. Silly me. Anyway we went on our way. Once we got back to our room I got in the shower to get ready for the dressy dinner we were heading to. (Lobster and shrimp) Can you hear me say, YUM?! Anyway back to the story... When I got out of the shower and was dressing. I opened the dresser drawer. Inside was a little velvet pouch. I thought it was there for you to put your jewelry in for safe keeping or something. I ignored it and went on dressing. A little later Todd asked me to put the Gideon Bible he had been reading back in that drawer. I took it from him and laid it on the counter. A few minutes later, he asked me again to put the Bible up in the drawer. So I finally did. When I opened the drawer, he asked me what that pouch was. Then I got it. Oh my goodness, no he didnt. Yes he did! He said Happy Anniversary! He had gone back down to that store while I was in the shower and purchased that beautiful necklace for me. He didnt want me to find it until I had my dress on. Once I got dressed, then he led me to it. He is the SWEETEST! Isn't it beautiful? We stayed up late every night which is very unusual for us. We had a wonderful time. I loved pretty much everything about it. The sun was warm and beautiful. The sunsets were amazing.The breezes were great. The food was plentiful, and believe me I mean PLENTIFUL and delicious. The staff was friendly, helpful, and hard working. The weather was perfect. The rooms were comfortable. And-- the company was the BEST! More about the Beach later!

6 comments:

Penny said...

Glad y'all had a good time. The necklace is very pretty. Happy early anniversary. :)

Laura said...

What a FABULOUS time!!! I LOVE that necklace!! So jealous!! You look beautiful!!

Jami Ainsworth said...

I saw someone's photos on fb and saw that you were tagged in cruise photos. I did NOT know you had went on a cruise. I knew you had wanted to for a while...so I came to your blog to see if you had a cruise story. You're so good at telling your little life stories soon after they happen...I saw wish I was too. Anyhow...

I am so glad you had your cruise and I very much enjoyed your cruise story. They really are awesome and the colors are so unbelievable. Randy and I still talk about the shades of blues and greens that the water is out there...so not what we see around the U.S. Thanks for sharing.

brtty stella said...

Enjoyed your post about the cruise so much. You look beautiful and so happy!! The necklace is gorgeous. As usual. Todd is the sweetest, best husband! Happy anniversary to you both! Love you.

Mallory said...

I've been seeing these pictures all over fb, and the pics are gorgeous! Love the necklace, that is sooooo sweet of Mr. Todd =)))

Anonymous said...

Nice fill someone in on and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you for your information.