Daisypath Anniversary Years Tickera

Saturday, June 18, 2016

Hoover Dam

 The closer we got to Hoover Dam, the more beautiful the drive.  Honestly I had thought before we got there that this stop would be more for Todd.  He was really looking forward to it so I really wanted him to get to see it.  But that was about the extent of my interest.



As we drove over that bridge he was getting more excited.  The curvy road right after that- up and up and up was interesting and enjoyable.  Then when we got where we could see a bit from the car, I thought I would have to make him stop and let me drive.  :)

Once we got inside it was far more interesting than I thought it would be.


Todays fun fact:  This floor.  As a matter of fact, the entire floor inside is made of Granite mixed with concrete.  It is the original floor and has been there since the beginning in 1931.  Someone donated it at the time and now would be worth millions.

Once we got outside it was far more beautiful than I knew it would be.









We enjoyed it so much, once again-  we stayed there longer than we thought we would.

We finally did get on our way, leaving very thankful that we got to experience it.

No comments: