Daisypath Anniversary Years Tickera

Monday, September 1, 2008

Bring The Rain

With all this storm stuff, this song just keeps going through and through my head. It is a song I came across on one the of the blogs I keep up with. "Bring the Rain" Angie, who is the wife of the lead singer in "Selah" writes it. Great stuff. Anyway she had this song on her blog and I just love it. It is called :Bring the Rain, by Mercy Me. If you dont know it, go listen to it. These are the lyrics:
I can count a million times, people askin me how i, can praise you with all that I've gone through. The question just amazes me, how circumstances possibly, can change who I forever am in you. Maybe since my life has changed, long before these rainy days, its never ever really crossed my mind, to turn my back on you oh lord, my only shelter from the storm, but instead I draw closer through this time. So I pray, bring me joy bring me peace, bring the chance to be free, bring me anything that brings you glory, and i know there'll be days when this life brings me pain, but if that what it takes to praise you, Jesus bring the rain, oh I am yours regardless of the clouds that may loom above, because you are much greater than the pain. You who made a way for me, suffering your destiny, so tell me, whats a little rain. So I pray, bring me joy, bring me peace, bring the chance to be free, bring me anything that brings you glory, and I know there'll be days when this life brings me pain, but if that what it takes to praise you, Jesus bring the rain, Oh Holy Holy Holy, Holy Holy Holy is the Lord God Almighty Is the Lord God Almighty I forever sing Holy Holy Holy, Holy Holy Holy is the Lord God Almighty, is the Lord God Almighty Everybody singin Holy Holy Holy, Holy Holy Holy is the Lord God Almighty, is the Lord God Almighty, you are Holy, you are Holy, yea you are Holy, the Lord our God Almighty Holy Holy Holy, You are Holy, Holy holy holy...
What a song. I especially love the part that says "its never really crossed my mind, to turn my back on you oh lord, my only shelter from the storm" He is our only shelter from any storm we may experience. I am so thankful to have Him for my shelter from Gustav or any other storm life may bring. His anchor holds.

No comments: